Omega Sports & Precision Race
The Triangle Race Series (TRS) allows runners to compete in races throughout the NC Triangle Area to earn Series points and prizes. All TRS races provide state-of-the-art Precision Race timing and results for a premium race experience.
2017 Series Results (updated 12/22/2017 for all races including bonus race credit for cancelled Run for Young 5K) ALL runners listed in these results will be invited to the 2017 Series Awards Banquet on Sunday evening, February 11.
2018 Triangle Race Series Events
- Jan 7: Run for Young 5K - COMPLETED
- Mar 3: Blue Blood Rivalry Run 5K - Hoops Edition in Durham
- Mar 11: Pie Day Pi K in Durham
- Apr 28: House of Hope 5K in Zebulon
- May 6: Comics for a Cure 5K in Durham/Chapel Hill
- May 19: Minuteman Muster 5K & 8K in Raleigh
- June 2: Run the Quay 5K & 10K in Fuquay Varina
- Aug 4: Bull Moon 5K in Durham
- Sept 9: Oak City Mile in Raleigh
- Sept 15: Gail Parkins Ovarian Cancer 5K in Raleigh
- Sept 22: Blue Blood Rivalry Run 5K - Gridiron Edition in Chapel Hill
- Oct 7: Race for Steak 5K & 10K at the Angus Barn in Raleigh
- Oct 20: SAFE Haven Run for Their Lives 5K in Raleigh
- Nov 4: Battleship NC Half Marathon & 10K in Wilmington
- Nov 17: Holly Springs Half Marathon & 5K in Holly Springs
- MORE RACES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON
HOW THE TRIANGLE RACE SERIES WORKS
Runners who complete at least 4 TRS races are eligible for TRS awards and swag and will be invited to the wonderful Triangle Race Series Awards Banquet. Your TRS score is based on up to 6 events. If you complete more than 6 TRS races, your score will be based on your best 6.
Each race in the series may choose their own age groups for race awards. Series awards are separate from any race awards.
Series awards are based on Series Points, which can be earned based on age group finish standings in each TRS Series race. Points are based on the following age groups: 19 & Under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
You will earn age group points in these age groups for each TRS race you participate. The points are:
- 1st – 50 points
- 2nd – 45 points
- 3rd – 40 points
- 4th – 35 points
- 5th – 30 points
- 6th – 25 points
- 7th – 20 points
- 8th – 15 points
- 9th – 10 points
- 10th – 5 points
- Participation – 5 points
Age-Up Rule. Your TRS age group for all TRS races is based on your age on December 31 of the Series year.
Tie-Breaker Rule: Point total ties are scored in order of total combined time.
The top 3 point earners in each age group will receive awards from the TRS and Omega Sports.